You want Q&As? We got 'em!
Friday, November 11, 2022
Bonus features on your old Blu-rays not cutting it for you? Hankering for some real added content? KWFF has the goods for you!
Q&A, panels and discussions at next week’s festival include:
- A conversation with Golden Key Award winner Chris Cooper, on the occasion of the 20th Anniversary of the release of the seminal Florida film, Adaptation.
- Pre-screening discussion for the Opening and Closing Night films, Glass Onion: a Knives Out Mystery and Women Talking, featuring film critics Eric Hynes of Film Comment and ReverseShot and Alissa Wilkinson of Vox.com.
- The first ever Screenwriters Panel, brought to you by the Florida Keys Film Commission and featuring Academy Award nominated writer/director Kimberly Peirce (Boys Don’t Cry) and commissioner Chad Newman (oh, and an 80th Anniversary screening of Casablanca!)
- The 6th Annual Golden Key for Costume Design chat, featuring honoree Jennifer Johnson (Blonde, I, Tonya, Beginners)
- The inaugural Golden Key for Excellence in Documentary chat with Erin Lee Carr (Britney vs Spears, Mommie Dead and Dearest, I Love You Now Die)
- Our 8th Annual Critics Panel, featuring critics from Variety, Film Comment, Vox.com and the Key West Citizen
- A special conversation with former anchor of ESPN, Bob Ley, and the film McEnroe about the tennis great.
- A Special intro by Chef Norman Van Aken, formerly of Louie’s Backyard, prior to the screening of Love, Charlie.
- Q&As from the directors and casts of films including Last Flight Home The Inspection, Naked Gardens, South Beach Shark Club and The Path of the Panther., as well as visiting Florida Shorts Filmmakers.
- And don’t forget about our first ever Poolside Screening of God Forbid, featuring a Q&A with Florida filmmaking legend Billy Corben.
We’re less than a week away from the event that kicks everything off – our special “night before” free screening of The Day the Music Died, retracing the glory of Don McLean’s epic song “American Pie” – we hope to see you all there!